Sunday, March 23, 2014

NCAA Tournament Day 4 Notes

All season long the talk was about Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid. Will they stay in college or will they pack their bags and take them to the NBA? That has been and will be the question until the NBA Draft comes around. With 12.9 seconds left on the game clock, Embiid sat at the end of the bench with a blank look. The little kid in the stands crying, because his favorite college basketball squad just was upset by a 10-seed in Stanford. The Cardinal prevails in St. Louis and will take on 11-seed Dayton in the sweet Sweet 16.

Second game of the day featured two tough teams with a couple of differences. Wichita State started this game undefeated and Kentucky started five freshman. First minutes of action Kentucky had the momentum, and looked like the Wildcats were here to play. Kentucky made a great comeback after coming out of halftime down by seven points. Will Julius Randle leave for the NBA? I hope not, because if this crew stays together they will tear brackets down in the future. The Shockers go down. I'm not shocked one bit.

Even with Iowa State being a little banged up, they still managed to sneak away with the victory. North Carolina gave the Cyclones all they had, it just wasn't enough. This was the last good game of the day, considering the others that followed were blowouts. The last time Iowa State was dancing in the Sweet 16 was 13 years ago. It must be the coaching. I like the upset in the next round, so don't be surprised if Napier and the Huskies come away with the win in a few days.

It would've been special if the Mercer Bears and their dance moves could've came away with this win against Tennessee. It was a sign that the dance moves just weren't that great and now they are headed home. I'll give them credit they beat the team I hate most in college basketball. However, it was all Tennessee in this game and they move on to play Michigan.

I have figured out a formula for how to win in this tournament. Don't come in with the best record in college basketball. Wichita State was undefeated, but they aren't on the dance floor anymore. SF Austin only had two losses on the season, but that didn't scare UCLA away.

Dougie McBuckets. You are the man and you will continue to be successful at the next level. Yes, your team did get stomped by Baylor, but you had a hell of a career. Keep on keepin' on my friend. Well, I wish he was my friend.

Many people didn't believe Virginia was the real deal. Now the Cavilers can laugh in those people's faces, because they are one of the 16 teams left in this 2014 basketball season. Virginia can't celebrate this win over Memphis that much, because they have a tough test next game against Michigan State. How will this Caviler team silence the critics and pull away with the victory. I have Michigan State in the Final Four in a few of my brackets, but for some reason I think that Virginia is the underdog heading into this game. Mr. Izzo is an amazing coach, but he isn't the one playing the game, the players are.

I want to see another 1-seed go down, so I will post this before the Arizona game finishes. Currently I'm sitting on the couch watching this game and the score is 60-43 in favor of the Wildcats. My hope is that I post this, and than Gonzaga makes a huge run and takes away the win from Arizona. My theory probably won't happen, but we have seen crazier things happen. Go Zags!! I really mean that.

My bracket is busted to say the least. I'm still happy, because there has been a decent amount of upsets. I just hope the next week games bring more intensity.

I just woke up from a four hour nap and I'm still tired. I don't know why I mentioned that, however Gonzaga is still losing. I really want to become a coach and take a team to the NCAA Tournament. How amazing would that be?

That was an awful closing statement, so I'll try to be more serious. Sweet 16 starts next week and I would be blessed if you readers out in the world are reading this. If you are, please tell me your picks!

Tweet me @pacefabulous or comment below.

I start Billiards class tomorrow, which will be exciting. I need more sleep. Did I mention Gonzaga is going to win?

No comments:

Post a Comment